Your initial examination
Your first visit with us is complimentary. It’s an opportunity for you to get to know us and our office.
We’ll give you a tour and take digital X-rays and photographs. Dr. Martines will then conduct a thorough examination and discuss potential treatment options. This important 60-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs.
We know your time is valuable. To expedite the process we also reserve time following the exam to obtain a set of impressions for diagnostic study models. Dr. Martines then carefully reviews these records to develop an appropriate, individualized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and requests.
During your initial examination we will address the basics of orthodontic treatment. The following questions will also be covered
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct your problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We encourage you to ask questions as well. While we can often answer general questions about treatment during the initial examination, more specific topics are usually addressed after a careful analysis of the diagnostic records. Dr. Martines believes it’s important to individually evaluate each patient’s concerns, expectations and bite components. Our in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements will all be addressed during your initial visit. We want our patients (and parents) to leave our office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, treatment options of and how long it will take to accomplish such goals.
Our office is committed to helping you maximize your insurance benefits. Because insurance policies vary, we can only estimate your coverage in good faith but cannot guarantee coverage due to the complexities of insurance contracts. As a service to our patients, we will bill insurance companies for services.
Your assistance, please!
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
If you are intersted in creating a patient login, please contact our office. Thank you.